I thought I’d post a recipe since I actually cooked today! Before being pregnant, I cooked almost every single night. Cooking is like my go-to therapy and I just love creating yummy dishes or recreating recipes I find on good old Pinterest.
Anyways, the idea of Chili came from my boyfriend eating a hotdog with chili for dinner the other night and I tried a bite of the Chili and was like, hmmmmmm ok ok I can dig this! Usually I’m not a big Chili fan so I don’t make it often.
THE RECIPE (that I made up on my own because Pinterest failed me and nothing looked good to me on there)
- 1 package of Boca’s Beefless Crumbles (or use 1 pound of Ground beef, or omit this entire ingredient)
- 1/2 an Onion, white or yellow, chopped
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper, choppped
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper (or more if you like heat)
- 1 4oz can diced Green Chili’s
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Kidney Beans
- 1 can Black Beans
- 3/4 cup Frozen (or canned) Corn
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 cups of Water
- Heat some olive oil in a large pot on medium high heat, add your beefless crumbles or ground beef. Cook completely. If using the ground beef, make sure to drain. Place meat aside for later.
- Add more olive oil into your now empty pot and add your garlic and veggies. Sprinkle some salt and sauté until softened. Once softened, add your meat back into the pot. Add your spices + a bit more salt and stir to incorporate. Add your canned goods, corn, tomato paste, and 2 cups of Water.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for 40-60 minutes. Taste, add more salt if needed. Serve and Enjoy 🙂
I hope someone tries this recipe out because I personally thought it was packed with flavor and everything went so well together. If you don’t have any beefless meat or real meat on hand feel free to leave out that ingredient/step completely. I almost didn’t even use it but since it’s been in my freezer I decided to just use it up.
Use what you have on hand! If you don’t have black beans, use pinto! If you only have one bell pepper, just use that one. If you’re lucky enough to have a jalapeño on hand, mince that up really good and throw that in there as well! I served my chili with saltine crackers to be a bit more low in carb but obviously if you have the time to make corn bread, that would make this 10x better!