Zoodles are boring, let’s be real here. But I bought a huge bag of zucchini at Costco recently because I was having zucchini in my breakfast scramble. I realized quickly that there was no way I was going to go through this whole bag even if I ate the same thing every day so I had to think of other ways to eat them! I made this recipe yesterday and had it again today because I really thought it made the dish taste light and fresh but still flavorful!
- 1 tbsp red onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 2 Zucchini, spiraled into noodles
- 5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat your pan on medium heat and add cooking spray to the bottom. I used coconut oil spray but do whatever works for you. (No spray? Just use regular oil)
- Stir in the onion and garlic and sauté for a couple minutes, then add the tomatoes and sauté another 2-3 minutes.
- Add your zucchini noodles, Italian seasoning, and about 1 tsp of olive oil and sauté for a few minutes to incorporate the ingredients and soften the zucchini a bit.
- Once finished add salt and pepper to your liking and however much parm you’d like!
* So you might be wondering why I add olive oil with the zoodles and start with coconut oil spray in the beginning. I don’t have an answer for this because I just do what I want when I want because it’s my kitchen, my recipe bish!
Lol, in all honestly I just like the way the olive oil tastes with the zoodles and Italian seasoning more than coconut oil but I start with the spray because I don’t want too much oil. Like, I don’t want my whole lunch to taste like olive oil.
Anyways, hope this inspires someone out there whose bored with the zoodz and is tired of just using marinara sauce on them!